Atticus Speech is a voice and speech practice run by myself, Atticus Orsborn. I am a highly experienced and reputable communication, accent and acting coach who has worked with high profile clients from all over the globe.
I am an enthusiastic, understanding and personable teacher. My pedagogical rationale is based on encouraging the embodiment of tacit knowledge through experiential exercise. My method of teaching accents has become my own over the years but has been influenced by the Sharpe/Howles system. As a voice and speech teacher, I prefer to borrow from various practitioners such as Linklater and Rodenburg. In acting, I base my self and my students within the Adler technique but draw from multiple sources.
– Trained in voice studies and acting to an MA level at institutions such as RADA, the Stella Adler Studio, NYC and the Royal Central School of Speech and Drama.
– Trained by internationally esteemed teachers such as Alithea Phillips, Rebecca Cuthbertson, Andrew Wade, Barbara Houseman, Frankie Armstrong and more!
– Personally shadowed and trained with Ron Burrus, the primary source of Adler Technique training.
– Member of VASTA, Voice and Speech Teachers Trainers Association
– Certified Qi Gong instructor, a practice that has heavily informed much of voice and acting training.
– Professional acting credits, including west end and international stage, audiobook narration and screen roles.